Saturday, October 16, 2004

CA liberals

I just returned from spending a few days in the San Francisco area. I was there attending sales meetings. Naturally, I found myself engaged in a variety of political discussions.

As you would expect, there were many Kerry supporters. But what surprised me, especially among this "educated" crowd, was how their arguments for Kerry were all "anti-Bush", and were very DNC rhetoric. None of them seemed "educated" to facts, nor did they seem interested in the facts.

In fact, during one discussion, I mentioned the Duelfer report as evidence of justification (after the fact, anyway) of why removing Saddam was absolutely the right thing to do, and how Saddam was no doubt related to our WOT efforts. This stopped the conversation cold....but not because they agreed, but because they didn't know what it was!

Another discussion centered around taxes, and a young man took the position that it was wrong that the "rich" could get away with paying only 15% (or so) tax rates. I believe he was referring to reports about Kerry's wife, but he wouldn't admit it, and offered no other evidence. However, he used this as a reason to vote for Kerry, as if Kerry would change the rules so that his wife would have to pay more taxes!

I am amazed how even the "educated" in this country are so naive. Most still seem to believe that they can learn about the issues through the Main Stream Media. I don't know whether to be depressed, or challenged!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home