Monday, October 18, 2004

Vietnam Vets for Truth

This is why I would never vote for John Kerry. I spent 4 years in the military in the late 1970's. To me, this was a college education in itself. The military, whether intentional or not, teaches discipline, self-respect, and trust. This isn't for everyone, but most adapt and excel.

Laura Armstrong talks about honor, among other things. And I do remember what honor meant when I was in active duty. For one, it meant respecting your fellow soldiers, and respecting the country you serve.

It's interesting that my first impression of John Kerry as a Presidential candidate reminded me of certain people (who will remain unamed) whom I met in the military....opportunists (for lack of a better term). These were people that stood out, not because they were good people, or good soldiers, but because they were so adept at taking advantage of the military system for their own personal gain. Unfortunately, loyalty to this country meant next to nothing. Don't "break" the rules, but take advantage of everything to get ahead personally. Not someone I would trust in the heat of a battle.

Eventually these people seemed to pay a price for this. But has John Kerry actually taken this to a new level? Could he become the President? Could this man, who used a "splinter" to win a Purple Heart, become Commander in Chief?

And I thought Clinton's behavior was a terrible example for our children. Where are we, as a society, possibly headed if this guy is President? What new role model would our children be imitating?

Laura Armstrong, kudos to you for articulating your feelings so well. My congratulations to you for remaining such a strong person and true American. It is truly a sad day that someone like Kerry could even rise to this level. Hopefully the American voters will come to the rescue. It certainly would be about time that American voters protected the troops vs the other way around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home