Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Election over....

and while I have been VERY busy with work, I am now working in my office, and waiting to see Kerry concede. About time.

However, this election was actually closer than I thought it would be, although Bush won the popular vote by about 3.5M votes. I really did think he would win Wisconsin (not yet determined), PA, and NH. And no doubt the Republican effort in OH was stellar.

Reality is that I am glad he won CO, although CO had a rough day. Coors lost the Senate seat, even though I think Salazar will do fine....just wrong side of the aisle. And the Dems look to take over the State House and Senate. Should make local politics very interesting, especially with a popular Republican governor.

Finally, Amendment 36 (electoral issue) was convincingly shot down. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Shouldn't you have to be a state resident to be able to put a constitutional amendment on the ballot? Either way, a very dumb and trasnparent effort to USE Colorado.

Congratulations, President Bush! Now, let's get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home