Thursday, November 04, 2004

negative rhetoric

After listening to the pundits on the left try to explain their Presidential loss, I am disappointed. I hope that the left rejects the "hate" rhetoric, referring to people like Karl Rove as "evil", etc. I actually saw a blog that refers to some of the new Democrats, such as Obama, as part of the "new Taliban". This certainly is not a positive thing, although I imagine they somehow meant this in a positive way...considering that Obama seems to be a decent guy.

New Taliban? The lefties think that that the 51% of Americans who voted for Bush are uneducated, and don't get it. This is probably because that 51% are not foolish enough to engage in shouting matches, and don't choose to engage. But intelligent and educated they are, and my guess is that they ALL understand what a nasty statement that is.

My hope is that the left can raise their rhetoric out of the hate gutter. They have many good arguments and points of view, which makes for healthy debate. I believe that most Americans want to hear this debate....but not wrapped in "hate messages". That is my interpretation of why "values" and "morality" were important to voters in this election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home